PAR-Q ( a bit more paper work; you're almost there)
For most people physical activity should not pose any problem or hazard. PAR-Q has been designed to identify the small number of adults for whom physical activity might be inappropriate or those who should have medical advice concerning the type of activity most suitable for them.
Common sense is your best guide in answering these few questions. Please read them carefully and check the yes or no opposite the question if it applies to you.
If you answered YES to one or more questions...
If you have not recently done so, consult with your personal physician by telephone or in person before increasing your physical activity and/or taking a fitness test.
If you answered NO to all questions...
If you answered PAR-Q accurately, you have reasonable assurance of your present suitability for an exercise test.
1. This questionnaire applies only to those 15 to 69 years of age.
2. If you have a temporary illness, such as fever, or are not feeling well at this time, you may wish to postpone the proposed activity.
3. If you are pregnant, you are advised to consult with your physician before exercising.
4. If there are any changes in your status relative to the above questions, please bring this information to the immediate attention of your fitness professional.
Source: Derived from 'Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire', British Columbia Ministry of Health, Department of National Health and Welfare, Canada. Revised 1992.
Waiver- (last bit of legal stuff then you're home free)
1. As a condition of my participation in the programs of Healthy by Design, in addition to the payment of any fee or charge, I hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Healthy by Design and its employees, representatives and all others from any and all responsibilities or liability from injuries or damages resulting from my participation in any activities. I do also hereby release all of those mentioned and any others acting upon their behalf from any responsibility or liability for any injury or damage to myself, including those caused by the negligent act or omission of any of those mentioned or others acting on
their behalf or in any way arising out of or connected with my participation in any activities of Healthy by Design.
2. I understand that certain elements of this program can be physically demanding and that I will need to change various aspects of my lifestyle to realize the goals I have set for this program. I also understand and I am aware that strength, flexibility, and aerobic exercise, including the use of equipment, is a potentially hazardous activity. I also understand that fitness activities may involve the risk of injury, and that I am voluntarily participating in these activities and using equipment with the knowledge of the potential dangers involved. I hereby agree to expressly assume and accept any and all risks of injury.
3. I do hereby further declare myself to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease, infirmity, or illness that would prevent my participation or use of equipment or machinery except as hereinafter stated. I acknowledge that it has been recommended that I have a yearly or more frequent physical examination and consultation with my physician as to physical activity, exercise, and use of exercise and training equipment so that I might have his/her recommendations concerning these
fitness activities and equipment use. I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and been given my physician’s permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate in activity without the approval of my physician and do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation and activities, and utilization of equipment in my activities.
4. I declare that I have read, understood and agree to the contents of this WAIVER in its entirety by clicking the submit button below.