Start with your legs side by side and your arms by your side.
In one motion jump and spread your legs out to the side while your arms raise out and up over your head.
Land in this position and then return to the starting position and repeat.
1. Start by holding the dumbbells at shoulder level.
2. Proceed into a squat and when you start to stand up push the dumbbells overhead until fully extended.
3. Bring the dumbbells back down and go into a 1/4 squat. Return to the starting position.
4. Repeat this movement for the recommended repetitions.
1. Start by holding your weights above your head with your arms extended.
2.Bend laterally to one side until a comfortable stretch is felt. Return to the starting position and repeat to the other side.
3. Bend side to side for the required number of repetitions.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Hold onto a stationary object with one hand.
2. Raise the opposite foot off the ground and kick laterally out to the side.
3. Keep the leg and foot elevated and repeat according to the prescribed repetitions.
4. Repeat with the other leg.
1. Lie on your back with your knees at chest level and your arms flat on the floor.
2. Alternate extending your legs by extending one leg out straight and as you bring it in extend the other leg out.
3. Continue to repeat this process like you are riding a bicycle until the required repetitions are completed.
4. Make sure you keep your back flat during the movement. If you are unable to keep your back flat then reduce the extension of your legs.
1. From a standing position, jump as high as possible and land down on your feet with your hands on the ground.
2. Kick your feet back. For a moment you will be in a push up position and jump back up again as fast as possible.
3. Modify this exercise by touching the floor and reaching to the sky instead of lying right down on the floor.
4. Repeat for the required repetitions
1. Start by placing your hands on the bench and your feet are on the ground with your legs semi straight.
2. Proceed to bend your arms until they are bent to about 90 degrees.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat for the desired repetitions.
1. Start by holding the dumbbells at your side.
2. Lunge forward and down with your left foot.
3. As you stand up curl the dumbbells up to shoulder height. Return to the starting position with the dumbbells.
4. Repeat with the opposite leg until all recommended repetitions are completed.
1. Start by placing your forearms on the ground and forming a plank with your forearms and feet.
2. Hold this position keeping your body parallel to the ground for the required time.
3. If you are unable to lift your body then start on your knee and straighten one leg at a time.
1) Lie face down on floor with arms extended overhead. You may place a rolled towel under forehead to clear face from floor.
2) Raise right arm and left leg 4-8 inches off floor.
3) Lower and raise alternate opposite arm and leg.
Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Shoulders and hips should remain squared throughout movement.
© 2006 - 2021 by Active Image - All Rights Reserved
The information contained within ActiveImage.ca is for educational purposes. It is here to help you made informed decisions about your fitness and health. It is not medical advice and is not intended to replace the advice or attention of health-care professionals. Please consult your doctor before beginning or making changes to your diet, exercise program, for diagnosis and treatment of illness and injuries, and for advice regarding medications and supplements.
In no way will Active Image or any persons associated with Active Image be held responsible for any injuries or problems that may occur due to the use of this website or the advice contained within. Active Image will not be held responsible for the conduct of any companies and websites recommended within this site.